We are proud to announce that we are working with the Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks program, for our Introduction to Growing Mushrooms class. The class will be held at the Santa Rosa Finley Center at 2060 W Collage Ave, Saturday October 15th & January 28th from 1000 – 1200.
Participants can register Here!
Dates: October 15th & January 28th
Time: 1000 am to 1200 pm
Ages: 18 Yrs. and over
– Resident $38.00
– NR $48.00
Register for class: Here!
INTRO TO GROWING MUSHROOMS AT HOME
Learn the practices of growing delicious and beneficial mushrooms at home, and explore the amazing role of fungi in nature and our lives. This unique 2 hour beginner course is an excellent introduction to the lifecycle of fungi and how to cultivate them right in your own home or garden. Through a ‘Mushrooms 101’ style power point presentation, participants will walk away with an understanding of mushroom biology, classification, growth-cycle and basic cultivation equipment. Class includes 2 mushroom growing kits ($30 value) of Oyster Mushrooms, and each kit can grow up to 2 pounds of fresh mushrooms!
If we receive a good response from the community we will be offering an advanced class where we will cover some of the below subjects.
- Building a mushroom garden
- Working in a mushroom lab
- Making mushroom spawn
- Making mushroom growing equipment
- Using mushrooms as natural dyes
- Using fungi to improve the health of your land
- Making mushroom tinctures
- Bunker spawn production for mycoremediation projects
- Bulk spawn production for landscape design projects
- Water mycofiltration design on farms and dairies
- Mycorrhizae production for farms and gardens
Register for class Here!